Sunday, July 20, 2008

Welcome and Intro

Hi guys. Welcome to my new digs. I have another blog that is mainly for discussion of my twins, but it's very public (read: all my family and friends know about it) so I decided that I needed a place that is just for me. I need a place where I can talk about those same family and friends WITHOUT them knowing. And a place I can talk about issues that might offend them, or things they might not know about me, and I would prefer to keep it that way.

So about me. I conceived my twins via IVF and ICSI. They are, far and away, the light of my life. I've been married to the love of my life (here known as DH) for 5 years (in December). We've known each other since we met our freshman year in college, 17 years ago. He is my best friend and I am the luckiest girl in the world to be married to him.

I work full time as a computer programmer for a great company, and I really like what I do. But I do have a lot of work issues that I would love to vent about on here. So, stay tuned.

I am absolutely addicted to television. I watch a ridiculous amount of tv. Like seriously, out of control. You name a reality tv show, and I watch it. You name a non-reality tv show, and I watch that too. It's crazy. I have no idea how we fit this stuff in. But we do. I also love movies, but we don't get out nearly as much as we used to. DH and I are dying to go see the new Batman movie. We are hoping to get there this week sometime.

I have so much to talk about here, I don't even know how to get started. I want to talk about religion, or my lack there of. I'm an atheist, and it's had some repercussions with my family (I was raised Catholic). I want to talk about my thoughts on going through IVF again, and wanting another kid. I want to talk about my job, and how some of the changes occurring are stressing me, and making me re-evaluate staying there. I want to talk about a twin website I frequent, that I am a member of, and all the horrible people on there. I want to talk about politics, who I'm voting for, why I can't decide, why I am against Universal Healthcare, and why I'm for gay marriage. And lastly, I want to talk about my sister, my best friend. She is going through something that I can't even fathom right now. She is 36. She's been trying to have a baby for like 3 years. She has gone through IVF many times. She was just diagnosed with breast cancer.

See why I need a non-baby blog?

Thanks for coming along for the ride.
Caba

7 comments:

Aimee said...

Love your new blog. I'm lerning more about you already!!! I'm so sorry to hear the news that your sis has breast cancer. My friend was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer and she has 4 young kids. Breaks my heart. I'll keep your sis in my thoughts & prayers.

Topcat said...

Oh, Caba .... what a great intro. I had a little laugh at your tv addiction!! Heh heh.

And I'm curious at why there are horrible people on the twin website.

But .... I'm just so sorry to hear about what life has just handed your sister. Some people just don't catch a break, huh. (And don't I know all about that).

Keep writing, sweetheart. The best form of therapy there is. xoxoxoxo

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I am so sorry about your sister. I can see why you need the new space.

Added you to my reader and the blogroll.

Ms. Perky said...

I'm so sorry about your sister, and so glad I just *happened* to read the lost and found connections abound page today. I'll add you to my list and read as often as I can. Glad you now have a "safe space"

-K

SMiLeD said...

Hey found you!! I have often thought about doing the same thing, now I don't have to, I can just read and comment on YOUR blog!!

Bring it on girl!

And now I'm off to see what all this business is with your sister

Just Me. said...

Here from Lost and Found.

So sorry about your sister. I'll have her in my prayers.

I removed my previous blog cuz I felt that I needed my own space too.

I was born and raised a Catholic. Through my journey with infertility, I have questioned my faith in him and his way of telling me that I needed to be strong through it all.

I loved your introduction and for that, I'm gonna tag you.

I'm ready for the ride!!!

soul-quest said...

Good luck on your new 'non-baby blog'! and I am so so sorry about your sister.